ACXT3R - the Armory community shooter

Updated main file with Player Death and Thruster animations, I unfortunately couldn’t find any enemy death animations anymore. Fixed two bugs, that you could die twice when being shot at when the Player was already dead and that the Player was able to shoot while being dead.

1 Like

Hey Simonrazer, I have the animations backup :slight_smile: I’ll send them as soon as possible.
I’m in the midle of complicated deadlines now, but I’ll upload them as soon I can.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G-E8XpnyX8KZPETcfuxuwTm3QZfRPZfF
Hey Simonrazer, I’ve uploade to “put your version here” an old version backup that still has the death animations on both player and enemy. Please when you have time let me know if you can append them.
If not I’ll do it when I get a bit more of time.
Best regards

Added them again in the main file. Man this was a nightmare, making it possible that there are multiple enemies exploding at the same time with the animation for the later started one not playing from the middle of the animation.

I’ve just spoted this post in Blendernation about the ACXT3R :slight_smile: https://www.blendernation.com/2018/06/21/acxt3r-armory-3d-community-shooter/

1 Like

This doesn’t seem to work with the current version of Armory (0.6 / 0.7 git ) :sleepy: I’m guessing something got broken ni the move to Blender 2.8. Not sure what, but it would be great to pinpoint it so we can file a bug.

Currently playing the game just brings up a static screen where nothing moves or does anything…

Maybe the traits are missing? :thinking:

I think that all the nodes got modifications made to the point of most of the logic is no longer valid.
To make it work again I guess that only starting form almost the beginning now.

1 Like

I’ll get back to work on this project when everything gets to a point that the modifications and new features don’t break the old ones. As is is now at each new version we would need to fix something :confused:

I can understand that. That said, I love the idea of a “contribute how and when you feel like it” Armory game demo, and I’m sure I’d enjoy contributing bits and pieces here and there to something like that in the future…

Heh … “Welcome to software project management.” Still a necessary evil.

Blender, for example, kept everything working from versions 2.5 to 2.79, so I guess that once armory gets to v1.0 it will also become more reliable from version to version… anyway I think that is an important thing. I’ve worked recently on a game for Unity game engine that took 4 months of work; wile we were making it there was also some things that broke as versions upgraded, mostly scripts, so… a good solution is not upgrade the game engine :sweat_smile: using the same version from start to finish should work hehe

1 Like

Hello, friends of the times of old! :cowboy_hat_face:
I’ve been away for some time! I was wondering how Armory is progressing!?
I just see news of Armory Paint and none for Armory.
Is it more stable by these days?

2 Likes

Hey @QuantumCoderQC!
Thank you very much for the link!

3 Likes

Hi, sorry for bumping this, just sending a new link to the drive folder cause the old one doesnt work for some reason anymore, and people kept requesting it from me
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B34rrtUThORydTBCeGN2MWZ1c3M?resourcekey=0-ONso8t7P2__5nYdbESn0xg&usp=sharing
Stuff is porbably horribly broken in new Armory tho

2 Likes

Yeah! I miss this game actually! :slightly_smiling_face:
Now armory seems a lot more stable than on ACXT3R time, at least the nodes seem to have settle down a bit more.

2 Likes

It happened again. Here’s a github link now, I will delete the drive folder:
https://github.com/Simonrazer/ACXT3R
Also, somehow some videos of some cheap indian space game made in Unity got in there? The heck

1 Like

I was thinking much times about making some 3d scrollflyer. There are not much games of that type, and there are not much first person point and click quests (Im thinking about it, there are even no room escape games). Its very strange, because it`s really good thing. I prefer horizontal scrollers, there can be G-force, player can slowly go down all time. Game really needs some dynamics, player and enemies must shaking after hits and shots, motion must be inertia. Falling debris with physics. Really great that game is untextured, game with unfiltered textures will be looking good too. Naked poly style also goes well with normal and specular maps. Let the horse be with you.

2 Likes

Hello @G-J!
Thanks for your comment! Sorry for noticing it only now!
Yeah, I totally agree with you :slight_smile: Everything you mention is very needed for a shooter game :smiley:

Back when I was young I would have all the time in the world to bring this game to at least a decent standard. Of course that by that time I didn’t knew a thing about CGI or game development.

Old age gives us plenty of wonderful things, like a family… but due to all the monetary responsibilities, it also takes all the time from us :neutral_face:

If you start a game like that I want to follow all the development and will comment as much I possibly can on it! :smiley: