Change physics accuracy

Also there is some upcoming changes to the Physics bindings that I’ve been working on that will allow us access to any of Bullet’s internals with minimal effort to add Haxe bindings that don’t already exist.

This means that if Bullet can do it, we will be able to work it into Armory without having to put additional effort into the bindings. Hopefully it will help us to improve and stabilize Armory’s physics.

2 Likes

Will you include some logic node equivalent containing physics properties we could set up for a game session ? (for those more into logic nodes)

That should be perfectly doable. :slight_smile: Once it gets merged we can start to add bindings and nodes for them.

2 Likes

I know, but I’ll see, how to fix this, later. As long as this just applies to a few objects (my main character) it shouldn’t be a problem.
Having one fast dynamic object, which uses 10 physics updates per frame (probably not needed that much; 2 or three are probably enough) and a bunch of static objects should be less prblematic than having a bunch of dynamic objects (which all collide to each other). Already for about 100 objects, the first version would need 1000 collision checks, the second version about 5000 (and 100 objects isn’t such a high number.)

1 Like

I found a tab called “Rigid Body World” in the Scene menu, which contains the options, I’m looking for.
I assume, it just changes the values in the script, which I already have done myself. Didn’t test it yet, though.

I don’t think those are respected by Armory yet, but that might have changed.

Can I just ask how to do this? I had some trouble getting my character with a capsule collider to move smoothly along the floor when using the set velocity node. Could you please share how you have done it?

Many thanks for this.