Latest build based on the official Blender 2.8?

:hugs:

Wow! The armory addon file (as a link in your last reply) solves the problem! It works beautifully now!

Thanks for your time and effort! I am sure other Windows user will appreciate you too.

1 Like

Good to hear it worked! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @M_Ent8h

Sorry to bother you again. I tried to install the addon again, and using the latest version. The same permission problem occurs.

Latest version: ArmorySDK-2019-08.zip 98 MB

It seems the script armory.py try to mix the path separator \ and / in Windows OS. The script also try to escape the character. The result is a double // and \\ (as reported in the System Console). This happens when the script try to append a backup folder. The result is an illegal path. Can you please verify the issue; and if so, can you help fixing the script for Windows OS? Thanks.

BTW, I will not be able to access my PC for a short while (about 10+ days). Sorry about the inconvenience.

The addon has been updated since the last version I published, Did you test with armsdk/armory.py at main · armory3d/armsdk · GitHub ?

Ok, I can’t look at it right now but will in a few days if possible.

I use the armory.py included in the official zip.

I am on a vacation away from my home. I can check email but has no access to my PC.

After doing some test in Windows 7 and 10 (thanks to a friend) I noticed that “//” in the cloning message in the console: “cloning x to path/to/sdk//x”, but I couldn’t reproduce any of the issues you mention related to that by trying to install the sdk and then updating it, it all went without errors.

Are you running Windows 10 (guessing by the pictures you sent) or is it another version?

Also if you could also write some steps to easily reproduce the issue it would help too.

Thanks for looking into the matter. I use Windows10. I don’t have my pc with me. Can you please confirm that the problem occur when you update the SDK again, because it tried to backup.

What I asked my friend to try are the same steps I tried in Windows 7:

1. Download an install git.
  2. Download and install Blender.
  3. Download armory.py from here:
  1. Install Armory normally from Blender
  2. Set a new empty directory for sdk C:/…/Downloads/armsdk
  3. Hit “Download and set up SDK”, wait for SDK download to finish
  4. Restart Blender and then hit “Update SDK”, wait to finish, restart Blender again and then test Armory, check for the console for any errors.

The error I encountered seems related to Windows path separator character in creating backup folder. So it may not be Win7 or Win10 specific. Can you please try (or ask your friend to) press the update the SDK button again, and see if there is any permission error again? Thanks again.

Please try updating an existing addon installation.

I asked my friend to try again clicking on update and got the same result.

If your problem was with permissions in particular what I would try is to download and then update over different directories and other drives if you have other than the main drive, to pinpoint the issue, or play with permissions in the folder, other than that I’m not sure.

Thanks for trying. I am away from my home. I will definitely do some more investigation on my own as soon as I have access to my pc. It seems that a clean installation is ok, but things go wrong as soon as I press update SDK later. Again it may due to other problems. Sorry that I can’t conduct my investigation simultaneously with you. Thanks again. Hopefully other windows users can share their experiences.

@M_Ent8h you posted:

I did this (except the “Hit Download and setup SDK” , because I was did not see that). Everything else worked except when I ran the “endlessrun.blend” I got:
Uncaught exception:
throw new js__$Boot_HaxeError("Cannot cast " + Std.string(o) + " to " + Std.string(t));
^
this kept repeating in an infinate loop until I exited the game.

I would send a pic, but I have not reached that level yet… I guess, lol.

Any Ideas?

EDIT: Removed the old armsdk folder and recreated it. and now followed exactly. But the same error happens.

Yes, I keep getting the error about haxe.exe too.

I had uninstall and reinstall the add on several times already. I either get the same error immediately or after I press update again.

1 Like

The error is on the endless runner only? Did you download the blend file from the github repo?