Need some help with decals

Hello,

I don’t really understand how decals work right now.

If I apply the transforms to the plane where my decal is, I lose the size/rotation information.
What is the right method? Assign my texture to a plane, rotate and resize without ever applying transforms?

Concerning UVs, why do they seem reversed?

Are there any map restrictions that can be connected with decals?
I get a compilation error when I plug a normal map.

decalarmory02

Same thing with a displace map, but the errors are different.

decalarmory03

And the roughness map has no impact.

Bonus question: some environment maps do not pass compilation. They are in the same folder, but on some of them I have the following error :

CMFT info: Converting latlong image to cubemap.
CMFT info: Saving spherical harmonics coefficients to build_material_decal/compiled/Assets/envmaps/cave_wall_4k_irradiance.c
CMFT info: Done.
CMFT WARNING: Invalid input!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:/Utils - 3D/Blender/Armory 0.4 - Blender 2.79/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\props_ui.py", line 495, in execute
    make.play(is_viewport=False)
  File "D:/Utils - 3D/Blender/Armory 0.4 - Blender 2.79/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make.py", line 386, in play
    build(target=runtime_to_target(is_viewport), is_play=True, is_viewport=is_viewport)
  File "D:/Utils - 3D/Blender/Armory 0.4 - Blender 2.79/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make.py", line 333, in build
    export_data(fp, sdk_path)
  File "D:/Utils - 3D/Blender/Armory 0.4 - Blender 2.79/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make.py", line 94, in export_data
    make_world.build()
  File "D:/Utils - 3D/Blender/Armory 0.4 - Blender 2.79/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make_world.py", line 17, in build
    build_node_tree(scene.world)
  File "D:/Utils - 3D/Blender/Armory 0.4 - Blender 2.79/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make_world.py", line 30, in build_node_tree
    parse_world_output(world, output_node)
  File "D:/Utils - 3D/Blender/Armory 0.4 - Blender 2.79/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make_world.py", line 64, in parse_world_output
    parse_surface(world, surface_node)
  File "D:/Utils - 3D/Blender/Armory 0.4 - Blender 2.79/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make_world.py", line 84, in parse_surface
    parse_color(world, color_node)
  File "D:/Utils - 3D/Blender/Armory 0.4 - Blender 2.79/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make_world.py", line 157, in parse_color
    mip_count = write_probes.write_probes(filepath, disable_hdr, mip_count, arm_radiance=rpdat.arm_radiance)
  File "D:/Utils - 3D/Blender/Armory 0.4 - Blender 2.79/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\write_probes.py", line 180, in write_probes
    mip_name + '.hdr')
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] Le fichier sp├®cifi├® est introuvable: 'build_material_decal/compiled/Assets/envmaps/cave_wall_4k_radiance_0_512x256.hdr' -> 'build_material_decal/compiled/Assets/envmaps/cave_wall_4k_radiance_0.hdr'

Thanks for your help!

I believe there is an issue with the size of the maps. I seem to remember you need to use something 512k or smaller. I know displacement has issues so I can confirm your not crazy at least

Hi Monte_Drebenstedt,

I didn’t notice any particular problem with the size of the textures : Whether they are in 2K or 256 pixels, the plane transforms used as decal is a problem when they are applied.
Just like UVs, which look inverted (not only on decals).

And for normal maps, do you confirm they produce a compilation error on decals?

Another question: no Bump mapping or Parallax occlusion mapping on Armory? Only true displacement?