Parallels and ArmoryPaint

I’ve had some difficulty with ArmoryPaint on a Mac. I’ve also seen that PC is one recommended platform, but the Mac is experimental. I’m wondering if using Parallels on the Mac is a work-around and would enable me to use the win64 version of ArmoryPaint. Well, I tried it and I cannot get ArmoryPaint to start in Windows 10 running under Parallels. Has anyone else tried this and gotten it to run? Thanks,
JB

0 Likes

Hello @bournejr, could you describe the difficulty you are having with the mac build? Is it the ‘app is damaged’ dialog or are you able to at least start it up successfully?

0 Likes

Thanks much for the message, Lubos. The mac version starts up fine (using ./Krom on the mac command line). Then immediately painting it generates the paint but then has black splotches around on the object.

I also tried the PC version using Parallels – however that crashes immediately. If I could get the mac version to not continually insert the black paint I could completely do without trying to get it to work with parallels.

0 Likes

Can you provide more specification of your Mac(GPU, CPU, OS versrion)?
I just tried ArmoryPaint on My MacBook Pro but i don’t get any black paint like that
Is this issue(closed) similar?

Edit: just saw your comment

0 Likes

Thanks for your interest in my problem. Here are the specifications for my Mac (I tried on both of them).

MacBook Pro; 2017, 15 inch. 3.1 GHZ Intel Core I7
16mb 2133 memory
Radeo Pro 560 4 GB
Intel HD Graphics 630 15.36 mb
Mojave 10.14.4

IMac 19,1 40 GB memory 27 inch
Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB
3.6 GHz Intel core i9
Mojave 10.14.4

Add advice welcomed…

0 Likes

About the question that BlackGoku36 asked … is the same as the issue he mentions. Yes, it looks like it is - however, I am using the .6 version… so it is a mystery to me what is going on…

0 Likes