This is not a request
We should be able select logic nodes and turn them into a macro.
Similar to coding apis or classes you can instanciate or call.
- Those macros would be be represented as some single logic node with inputs and outputs.
- We could export macros to files, anyone could include them in their project adding them to “lib” folder or some “macros” folder.
For the twin stick demo there is lot of big logic node that should be divided in macros.
For example “pursue player” macro :
- object that pursue
- player object
- distance minimum pursue
- distance attack
- walk speed
- walk animation name to play
- attack animation name to play
- action done output to call another action if needed
Another example, moving platform :
- object to move
- empty object start position
- empty object goal position
- mode loop
- mode ping pong
This way people that does not know coding and logic nodes, could have a library of high level macros to create gameplay.
Similar to 2D engine like construct, users assemble logic bricks without knowing code.
Example macros library specific to fps games :
- fully customizable advanced player controller macros for controls, animations, effects
- HUD macros to display health, radar, objectives
- Ai macros fully customizable, different type of ai , customize models, animations ,effects
- many customizable interactive objects, for example ladders, platforms, devices and buttons
- save load game macro.
Anyone could bring a game using macros as they do in construct without logic node deep understanding.
There is many benefits :
- avoid spaghetti nodes, macros hide the complexity
- users without programming knowledge could create their own gameplay
- Fast prototyping using macros for experienced logic node users, before creating their own logic nodes functionality.
What do you think ?