Request - Able to open BGE projects in Armory (partially at least)

I (and I’m sure many BGE users), would benefit from being able to open our BGE projects in Armory.

I know not everything could open and work the same, but if your project uses C++ externally, that obviously can work with Armory, only the code that talks to Armory would require the user to redo.

Render would need redo (happy about that).

But physics, objects, constraints, etc, are the “same”…I know they likely don’t open, but that’s my request, to make Armory open the BGE project’s physics, objects, constraints, etc. Could you lubos?

This could be maybe handled as some stand-alone add-on project, I am not sure if I am the right person to work on that though. I would like to see non-Blender game devs make a jump to Blender, so the overall game dev community around Blender grows no matter the engine. :slight_smile:

I have the same question, can you convert bge stuff into Armory 3d?

thx

Right now there is no way to convert BGE stuff to Armory3D. If you can open up your scenes in Blender, then you can use them in Armory, but none of the logic would work in Armory and there would likely be other issues as well. Armory is also using Blender 2.8 now, so all of the BGE stuff might be lost when the Blend is opened in Blender 2.8. It is a posiblity that somebody might be able to make a conversion script/plugin, but I think that could be a difficult and complicated thing to accomplish.