Any good community has an IRC channel, and until an official Armory Community IRC/Matrix/Discord channel is sanctioned, I've decided to start an IRC node.
Available at: freenode / #armory3d
I just want to quickly connect and chat?:
- Head over to http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#armory3d,
pick a nickname and sign right in!
Can I register my nickname at the channel?
- Yes, you can simply write:
/msg nickserv register <password> <email>
and validate your email! - Using your forum nickname from here is generally recommended, but not required. - For more info, go to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IRC/Tutorial
How do I sign in again if I've registered?
- Simply write:
/msg nickserv identify <password>
Do I have to use a website? Is there a client?
- Yes, apart from the freenode interface above, you can choose to connect with your own IRC client, which gives a wide range of benefits that I won't list. A few of the recommended are:
- HexChat (Free)
- XChat (Free)
- CIRCH (Free; Integrated IRC plugin for Chrome)
- mIRC (Paid, one time $20 but really good and solid)
So, if you feel for it, go right ahead and join up!