What is the freaking point of this node?

Removed.
Removed.
Removed.

Did you read the docs? Almost equals lets you set a threshold to that if its really close to a value it treats it as that value. For instance if you take away health points by a percentage you may never reach zero but you could set it so if it gets really close to zero to act as if it’s zero.

The branch node is simple - give it a Boolean value - if that value is true then it does the true output if the value is false it does the false. Basic if … Then stuff.

BTW - I don’t understand why you have to ask your questions in this manor. You don’t understand something by why do you constantly assume the guy who made all of armory is stupid. I have yet to see you actually be right that things are stupid or useless. I have used the nodes you think are useless in my projects. I have done videos on my channel explaining some of their uses. My point is there is no need to act like this. Just ask the simple question with out all the theatrics please.

1 Like

Sorry.

“The branch node is simple - give it a Boolean value - if that value is true then it does the true output if the value is false it does the false. Basic if … Then stuff.”
Oh yes ! Thank you !

Almost Equal is there for when you want to do comparisons on floats. Normally floating point precision limitations would make comparisons on ‘equal’ (to common sense) numbers not true some of the time and cause bugs that are difficult to track down. You define the threshold, it shows up right in the node when you select the Almost Equal option.

The Gate and Branch nodes are there because of different input types. Branch takes a Boolean input and outputs an Impulse - it’s effectively a converter. Note bool values are passive - they aren’t evaluated until the branch node gets the impulse to do so. Gate takes two values, compares them and also generates an Impulse. While you can convert your inputs so you only ever use one of them, sometimes it’s simply neater to use one or the other.

Impulse nodes are like flow control - if, then statements, while booleans are variables that have persistent state.