How to make a dynamic object face the camera at all times?

I have a plane in the scene (button 1) and I want it to be facing the camera at all times. The plane is parented to the cube in the center, which is able to be rotated using the mouse (turntable). As you can see in the example attached, when I rotate the cube, the plane rotates with it. How do I make the plane face the camera the entire time?

Logic Node setup:

From position: plane
To position: Camera

If it helps to know the goal, I will be parenting the plane (button 1) to the end of the cylinder coming out of the cube. As I rotate the cube, i want the plane to be stuck to the end of the cylinder while maintaining its rotation and facing the camera at all times.

Thank you for your time.

Hi,
if I understand well your problem, you want to have labels always facing the camera.
Kazam_screencast_00000
To face the camera, label have to follow the rotation of the camera, globally… so they need to not be childs of other objects. Instead, make them independent, and constrain their position to the location they have to be (use an Empty).
To make a label, simply make a text object and transform it to a mesh using “transform to… Mesh from text”

then, in edit mode, translate it around Y axis to give it some distance from its control point.

Then add a trait (script) to follow the active camera rotation, and the empty target location.

Please have a look at the blend, everything is there.
How to make a dynamic object face the camera at all times.blend (723.8 KB)

3 Likes

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot @mokauno!