Storing Variables (Logic Nodes)

Hello!

I’d like to know what exactly kind of variable I can store using Set Property Logic Node. I spent a lot of time today trying to store vectors, until I realized that I can’t. So I had to separate the XYZ and store each one of them in different properties.

Also, is there a better way to do this? Objects, Transforms, Vectors, for example, how can I store them?

And a suggestion: The “Pick Object” Node should output a boolean variable (true if they pick an object and false if not) and a Normal Vector (the normal of the mesh at the intersect point).

Another suggestion: Please, when some logic nodes goes wrong, output something on the console. (Like: “You can’t store vectors using properties”).

Thanks! :slight_smile:

@unidaystudio
Strange as I use Set Property to store everything from Variable to Array. Do you have an example ?

If can help, generally when I go wrong, I verify if the object for the Set Property is well defined, thus not using default one as for example if you use the same trait for several different objects you get a bug …

For pick object node , you get the object, so then we can do what we want with it.

I agree with you too that effectively we could have a way to collect errors when logic nodes goes wrong.

1 Like