Export video games for consoles

How much do I have to pay to armory for exporting video games for the consoles or I would like to see a videotutorial to export videogames for the consoles thanks

I think Armory technically can export to PlayStation, Xbox and Switch, but I have no idea how to do that or how to actually get the software onto the console. Haven’t found any documentation for this.

Armory is powered by Kha so it runs on Consoles too.

1. You need to be an official license holder for an SDK from Nintendo/Sony/MS ( costs money)
  2. You need to show this to Robert/Lubos to get the free backends.

It will cost you nothing other than the proof of having a license.

@MagicLord you’re wrong. Look into Kha

@MagicLord

What is the relevance? There is proof of kha running on consoles. The author of Kha made it so.
Armory runs purely on Kha. Therefor consoles are locked in. You just need to provide an NDA with MS/Sony/Nintendo.

Kha runs best on consoles IMHO. But it works quite well on PC, too.

2 Likes

I would like to see a video tutorial on how to export videogames for consoles. I already know how much the license costs me or I saw it on the internet.

moved …

Or, even better, use Armory. You need to get the licenses first before we can tell you how to export to consoles though, console information is confidential - that’s why you won’t find videos about export for consoles for any engine, not even for Unreal.

4 Likes

moved …

The only point you were right on was the Armory was in alpha and still unproven due its young age. Armory (through Kha, and Rob should know, he coded it) does support PS4 and Xbox. Neither Unity nor Unreal is licensed for PS4 or Xbox by default.

You need the license for these console, upon which the devkits/SDK etc. is handed out. It’s exactly the same for Armory – These API’s and stuff already exists, and would be provided (by @RobDangerous I presume) in the event that you can provide evidence that you have obtained a license/SDK from Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo (depending on your target). – On a side note, Armory can deploy to UWP, which works on Xbox just fine without a developer program. So yes, you can use Armory on consoles, with the few stability issues that exist with such a new engine:

5 Likes

Oh boy. It’s exactly as Naxela says. Plus I’ll personally help out with any impending Kha or Armory based console release to make sure it runs perfectly. And for promising projects, don’t worry too much about licenses and devkit costs - just talk to me and we will figure something out.

3 Likes

moved …

Please just ignore the MagicLord, he doesn’t know the actual processes involved.

4 Likes

moved …

That’s ok, feel free to use Armory without my code.

2 Likes

moved …

@MagicLord Please take into account that people are here because they are using Armory. Yes it is good to be aware that Armory is in alpha and has its stability and feature issues, but most of your comments have not been very helpful for the topic, which is exporting Armory games for consoles.

3 Likes

@ RobDangerous

Hi. I need to ask if the process of exporting an Armory project to a console is easy enough for a non-programmer guy or involves some programming knowledge? I’m approaching to Armory because I just started to learn programming and for now a lot of things seems difficult to me. I want to begin developing some games and I target consoles also.

2 Likes

No programming required, works exactly like every other target.

2 Likes

Thank you for reply. This gives me hope and more motivation to learn Armory.

2 Likes