How can i download armory 3d for blender 2.79?

question

I searched for weeks on google for armory3d-b2.79 but i find nothing. There is someone can give me that version ?

thanks

1 Like

Blender 2.79 isn’t supported by Armory since version 0.6. The Blender 2.8 API was changed quite a bit and maintaining two versions of Armory to account for the differences was going to be too much work.

0 Likes

Blender, itself is moving to 2.8 and will never turn back. Time to keep up – as I did.

0 Likes

It’s worth moving to 2.8 with Armory. After a week you’ll not miss 2.79 I think. Everything is so much easier to switch between.

As soon as I set 2.8’s select input to right click instead of the default left click, I felt at home.

1 Like

Is blender 2.79 and BGE gonna be gone too? :cry:

0 Likes

Unfortunately yes. BGE will be discontinued.

0 Likes

Blender 2.8 got rid of many things. Some I agree with, like BGE. Others I don’t, like the Blender Internal (BI) renderer. But Armory really does “completely fill the BGE gap.” Blender is a design tool, and a video production tool, not a game engine. Armory is the best “game engine” that Blender could ever hope to be directly associated with, and the fact that the association is “direct” makes Armory a true game-changer.

1 Like

I think that BGE is abolished after blender 2.8, but I think can use BGE if 2.79 is used.

0 Likes