I recently started supporting your efforts for Armory3D via Patreon and happy to do so. Thank you for your efforts. I hope you don’t mind if I ask a few questions about Armory3D.
I am a non-programmer and find programming difficult. How much of a game would I be able to create with Armory3D using logic nodes? I know this is a broad question, but I am contemplating either (finally) learning a programming/scripting language like GDScript (Godot) or investing in learning how to create games via nodes in Armory3D. I realize that I won’t be able to do everything via nodes, but how much do you anticipate will be able to be done via Armory3D’s logic nodes?
For example, take an FPS like the old DOOM game, you would need the following (at minimum):
- Player movement
- Doors that open automatically (triggers), only with a key, etc.
- Enemies that discover and chase you (basic AI)
- The ability to collect items (guns, ammo, etc.)
- The ability to do damage to enemies
- The player taking damage
- Collision detection (of course)
- Level loading (at end of level to start next level)
- Full screen/windowed options
- GUI creation
- Shooting/hitting targets/enemies
- Setting screen resolution and other in-game preferences (sound and music volume, etc.)
How much of this is currently doable via Armory3D nodes? If any of this is missing, is it planned?
Frankly, I am not planning an FPS, but understanding how Armory3D nodes would work for this sort of thing would help me to see if Armory3D is (or will be) a fit for what I want to create.
I hope you don’t mind the questions.