Spawn of a new object with it's own specific new material

question

After you spawn an object, it comes with the existing material.

Do you think it’s possible to spawn this object, creating a new material at the same time and setting it for this new object (thus without all spawned objects sharing the same material) ?

0 Likes

I think you could do something like on spawning, set a property for the object which defined which material it used… Although maybe this is a more convoluted way of doing it than what is needed…

0 Likes

@Armored_Blob yes, to do this I already defined a new node I called “Material Named”

Thus the pivot of this discussion is about creating a “new, unique, not already existing Material” dynamically during the play, and then allocate it to the new spawned object.

As you can see, with this kind of “Material Named” node, even if I can allocate a unique material to the new object using a string I set with the good RGB_xx_xx_xx code, the Material needs to be created by hand before.

Thus, having to create all those Materials called RGB_xx_xx_xx before using them for more than +100 objects, it’s laborious :roll_eyes: and its the job of the ordi …

The question is then about a kind of the dynamic creation of unique materials during the play.

(I though for example also about defining a kind of sprite material map and then adjust it over each new object … but seems complicated to realize and then use)

0 Likes

I’m not sure if this topic might help, but it is about controlling material parameters in nodes, not creating new materials in nodes. I know that there is a way to create materials on the fly in Haxe, but I’m pretty sure that there isn’t anything for that in nodes.

1 Like

@zicklag effectively this way of doing with modifying the parameter value isn’t the solution as it’s not allowing us to create a unique material for each new object.

1 Like