What will it be used for?

It seems like it can easily be used for texturing Objects and Characters, but what about Environment painting? Unreal & Unity have such a feature in which the creature can directly paint and sculpt the environment, but in Blender the texturing seems rather hard if you want to use more than two textures. In ArmoryPaint this seems like no problem, but can it handle this large Objects with usable navigation?

1 Like

The main problem now when painting textures in blender, is that the final render result is not similar to the result you obtain in the viewport at the moment of work.
I have tried to do it several times, and I’ve found miself having to tweak the textures in the viewport, then pressing then render button, fix results, and press the render button again. This is a bad workflow.

Armor Paint seems to be a solution that tries to imitate softwares like substance painter, in which you paint the 3d model directly, but what your seeing in the 3d viewport is like the end rendered result, so you are seeing exactly as it is going to be in the videogame. This is the perfect workflow.

I do not use it yet, because I’m very afraid of the bugs the regular Armory is having, therefore I do not want to mess with another program.

For painting large landscapes… I don’t know. I specialize in characters, sorry.

Blender actually has pretty accurate results now thanks to PRINCIPLED BSDF. also, I end up using a less/more slider anyway, because I like to adjust the roughness. Also, EEVEE will solve this.

1 Like