About an encyclopedia

So, I was thinking about making a section for the page explaining every node.

What do you think? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually think you’re right.

Yeah, I agree. The cycles nodes all have documentation, it would be a great idea!

Also, I think the manual need a lot of work.

Node descriptions and usage examples would be really nice.

Manual repo is here: https://github.com/armory3d/armory_docs. I know @lubos would appreciate help on the documentation, so if anyone sit on knowledge they want to share, and can present that knowledge in a pedagogical way please send some pull requests!

Thanks for your opinions :slight_smile:

Yes please, since I don’t code, I need the node setup to tour a theme park and trigger animations.

Yeah, I consider it just as much as community responsibility to document the various features of Armory engine, especially considering that it actually is open source and everyone is free to have a look at the source code. - In any case, at least for my own part, I’ve been spending some time looking at documenting the various screen effects (bloom, grain, motion blur, tonemapping etc.) and providing examples, making a personal roadmap to shader/filter improvements - my biggest problem is my own annoyances with the gitbook editor (not to mention getting my account banned on gitbook after 2 minutes :joy:).

If you feel like needing some help documenting the nodes, I’m also willing to help :slight_smile:

In general, if anyone wants to feel helping out documenting:

3 Likes