Adobe acquires Allegorithmic

So, it seems that Allegorithmic (Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Substance Source) have just been acquired by Adobe, and I must admit I’m not really sure how to feel about this - Substance Painter is quite nice, and Quixel’s stuff just isn’t as good (not to mention largely based on Photoshop…) - In general, I’m not really liking the way Adobe have been slowly eating it’s way into the 3D business, especially since we don’t need more companies like Autodesk…

Plus I’m curious which effect this will have, considering Allegorithmic and Quixel being the main competitors within the material/texturing field, now with Allegorithmic being acquired by the company owning the products that Quixel suite is relying on.

But I guess it isn’t necessarily all bad - Hopefully this will lead more people to purchase ArmorPaint, if anything to support this promising piece of software and technology!

Any thoughts on this?

Of Course!, If you come to discord, then you will find that many people are talking about this, and some say that was the reason they came to ArmorPaint

Both products and teams keep working on their respective products.
They will also propose new licensing options that will be better for some users.

From their news

When it comes to licensing, nothing changes for now. Your current licenses will continue running and getting updates. As we join the Adobe family, we will also unveil new and more flexible subscription offers in the coming months. We will share more details about these new and exciting licensing options at a later date.

Another great painting tool is 3D coat.
It achieves same results as Substance Painter and it also has procedural material you can customize.

What a twist of things. And I hear the Quixel guys are building a standalone program now? Do you currently rely on Substance Painter for your work?