Armory 3D Community channel

3 Likes
2 Likes

Hmm, why do you show the nice devouring burn effect without telling us how to do that? Or is this an ad for another video?

1 Like

It is a ad for the armoryblender video I guess you could say. I linked all his videos in the description related to this topic. He is the one who explained how to make that effect and don’t want to have repetitive tutorials when armory needs tutorials so badly.

1 Like

You mean that one? Body Aura & Shield effect
Not quite the same, this is just a nicely made glow effect, but without getting “eaten up”. Link?

2 Likes

This should be what you are looking for:

3 Likes
1 Like

Could you (pretty) please post the example file used in the networking tutorial video? It is so much guesswork and a waste of time without it. And its Xmas time, where all are busy with family stuff…

2 Likes

I agree. We need example files to understand properly. That and documentation for people to be at least able to understand the new tools. What else would be the point of having a set of new nodes that people can’t use.

1 Like

If the dev could help with at least one example, like the one shown, we had a chance to understand and try it out. That would lead to more examples and would increase the willingness to help with some documentation. Nobody who only guesses can write a solid doc. Nuff said.

1 Like

I just found this by accident. Added Network Zui Chat Example by Onek8 · Pull Request #61 · armory3d/armory_examples · GitHub

2 Likes

Great find. Good man.

In the Readme he states:

Blockquote Both host nodes and client nodes are allowed on the same node tree however browser html targets are not capable of being hosts and will be ignored when exporting.

What is considered a “system host target”? Krom? I hope so, cause this SDK again does not properly compile on Manjaro for me (Linux Hashlink).

Blockquote For the people having trouble without documentation

Thanks Onek8! Like this saying:There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets… :grinning:

His example is right [here].(armory_examples/network_zui_chat at master · armory3d/armory_examples · GitHub)

1 Like

All targets are supported for the networking nodes with the exception of Krom. At least for now.

1 Like

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. The creator of the video and the Armory networking library doesn’t have an account here unfortunately, nor do they seem interested in making one for some reason.

You can however contact them at the Armory Discord or the Armory Github.

1 Like

Nevermind. A3DC already helped with pointing out that the example file repository on Github got updated with a network/websocket example. The example is well made and so is the Readme. My advice: RTFM, err… i mean the Readme. It helped me to build a bridge between ESP8266/ESP32 Microcontroller and Armory 3D on Arduino IDE. Works like a charm. Armory3D can switch external hardware devices or receive data from them. For example an external dashboard on a separate TFT or opening/closing real doors is already possible. Nice tinker toy.

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes