Armory WebXR, specifically WebAR functionality

I want to build some webAR games using armory.

I have looked into the Webvr and the old sample project dino vr. I have also looked at the kha libraries for webvr. How difficult would it be to update these libraries. Is there someone who might be able to advise on this?

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry for the late reply.

Armory is no longer compatible with the VR/WebVR source and there isn’t any plans to reimplement support for it. While not exactly related to the Armory side of things, Armory is no longer a fork of Blender, but rather a Blender add-on.

1 Like

Hi rpaladin,

Thank you for your response. I have the addon installed and have followed the community for quite some time. I do actually have a license for it from before it was open-sourced.

I know the webVR modules have been depreciated but have tried to revive or update them to webxr and could do with a little direction with it. I really only want to access the webAR module of webxr, if this makes sense. I have followed the trail and see that the haxe js library does not include a webxr module for the moment and by extension neither do the kha libraries. I have not yet given in, and I hope to find some work around to this problem.

1 Like

There is this Kha section: Kha/Sources/kha/vr at main · armory3d/Kha · GitHub

1 Like