Can I use my installed Blender 27C?

These two questions might have already been asked. But I could not find anywhere else to post them.

#1 Is there a version of Armory that comes without a full version of Blender. I already have blender on my machine and to save disk space an memory would not like to put another version on.

#2) Is there a version of the above that uses and runs in blender 2.79. I am still using 2.79 as 2.8?x has issues with my graphics chip and it will be at least 6 months before I can get a new machine.

Thanks in advance

1. Yes, the downloadable Bundled SDK with Blender is no more. To install Armory now you have to download the Armory SDK and then install the armory.py plug-in from Blender and point to that SDK in the plug-in settings and you are good to go. It can work with any Blender download from 2.8x and up depending on the SDK version.
    https://github.com/armory3d/armory/wiki/setup
  2. No, to reduce maintenance work Armory it’s only compatible with the latest stable version of Blender. For older version you have to stick with the Bundled SDK.
1 Like

M_Ent8th: I am confused. In the first paragrap you said download the Armory SDK and then install armory.py plugin from Blender and point to that SDK in the plugin settings. Ok I get that part.

But i the second sentance you say “For older versio you have to stick with the Bundled SDK” That part I do not understand

To my knowledge the older versions are almost only obtainable through the bundled sdk, to which you can “unstick” from blender and put it in another 2.79 install.

With the first question I thought you meant the latest version.