Can't seem to get logic nodes working

I just downloaded Armory and I can’t seem to get the logic nodes to work. I’ve added my node under Armory Traits for the object but a simple object translation doesn’t seem to work. I don’t know if it’s the keyboard node not picking up my key inputs or the nodes aren’t simply working for me?

I’ve also looked at the “logic_basics” example and I seem to have everything in place. I’ve also played some of the examples and they work fine.

This is what I have in my project.

I’m obviously overlooking something but I have no idea. :confused:

Use keyboard instead of on keyboard. have to try to make the dot colors match.

You know, at one point I even questioned why the colours were different but I didn’t notice the on keyboard node. Thanks for the help! :rofl:

welcome - you arn’t the first and won’t be the last.

1 Like

In git version, I have now adjusted the name for Keyboard node to Keyboard State. Hopefully that makes it easier to tell those nodes apart.

On top of that, Armory now also logs error for the (wrong)node setup below:
Armory Error: Wrong connection in logic node tree "NodeTree" - node "Print" - socket "In"

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s possible with the limitations that blender has, but I’d like if it swapped colours of a node to red if an error occurred, professsional style!

I would argue that if we can tell in the code that it’s wrong and won’t work, that we shouldn’t let the user plug it in in the first place… :wink: Almost guaranteed though that this should be a feature request on Blender’s issue tracker, not Armory’s.

That depends. It would only be a Blender issue if the Blender API doesn’t support it. It might be completely possible for Armory to implement without changes to Blender. We might just need to add the checks for node type.

Hi! I think it is not described so good in the tutorial.
I needed two hours to find out, that the problem is that NodeTree has to be added to each object under ArmoryTraits - > Nodes.

Hope it helps other newbies too

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for the feedback! I’ve updated the playground tutorial to hopefully make it more clear how to use logic nodes.

2 Likes