Discord Server

Armory Discord Server invite:

I have also added links to Discord at armory3d.org/community and github.

The reason for a new server is that apparently the owner of the original one vanished. Administration of the new server is shared among several people, so things should be safe from now on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally as free and open source software supporter i prefer Discourse because it’s FOSS.
Could you open new Discourse with ownership maybe, or other FOSS solution ?

What about Matrix for example ( it’s IRC compatible )?

https://matrix.org/blog/home/

and Riot, a Matrix client?

https://about.riot.im/

2 Likes

I am fine with the new discord server. Recently all “my homies” moved to discord. I don´t need different chat server clients. The more are available, the less i come to actually work on something xD I personally think, to have a all in one solution is just what makes me happy and easier to work with. : D

Yeah, I really don’t get the need to use some proprietary, corporate silo like Discord when Matrix provides such a similar experience, plus the ability to use IRC apps. Matrix seems much more in alignment with a FOSS project and it’s users.

1 Like

Yeah, same, but does it have ability to have different channel in a single server?

Here I have started a group for armory3d discussion on telegram.
This group can be joined from
Armory3d

1 Like

It does. They also recently revamped the system and renamed it “spaces” in the Element (formerly “Riot”) client. It’s essentially the same thing as a Discord server, from what I understand. But I think you have more control.
Element can also “bridge” with other platforms (Discord, Slack, IRC, Telegram, Signal). The devs have their own paid service they offer to do this, but it can be done with self-hosting.
I would recommend it over Discord for collaborative stuff. It’s UI, features, customizability, and the in-channel extensions (you can add a YouTube viewer, Etherpad editor, and more right in a chat channel) make it more suited for that than just communicating. So, worth the consideration for devs collaborating, in my opinion.