Getting Haxe to Work on Work PC

Hello,
I’ve been trying to squeeze in some tutorials at work. I just discovered that I can’t use Haxe or Kide Studio… not sure which, either way, I can’t write code.

In Blender when I press the Kode Studio button in the Render Properties tab nothing happens.
When I add a trait to an object I can’t edit script. A window pops up saying that Windows needs to know what program I want to use to open it with.

Does anyone know what my work pc needs to get this to work?
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
M

edit the file in your windows text editor? Make sure you’re using the Armory updater as well.

You might need to add a path to where Kode Studio lives at the settings for the armory Addon. I had to do this yesterday.
Edit: What I actually did here was set code editor to sytem default in addons. Then in properties, I associated the .hx files with a path to Kode Studio
(Opens with:)

Hello, thank you for your reply.
Maybe it’s the lack of sleep… but I’m still felling a little lost.
I found where I switch the Code Editor to System Default.
It’s this part I’m finding a bit confusing:
“Then in properties, I associated the .hx files with a path to Kode Studio”
Can you elaborate? Where do I find Kode Studio? What do you mean associate the .hx files with a path to?
Sorry, and thank you,
M

Right click on a file with a .hx extension. You get the properties of the file. Where it says"Opens with:" choose the Kode studio editor. You may have to go through a few directories to get to the “Kode Studio.exe” file.

I tried the 2.80 .05 version of Armory today and the defaults “Kode Studio” in the addons section worked fine as it is.

Does Kode Studio come with Armory?
I can’t find it anywhere.
M

I got it here: https://github.com/Kode/KodeStudio/releases
I used Kodestudio-win32.zip
More info: http://kha.tech/getstarted

Thank you,
I got it up and running here are work.

One more quick question, if I may.
Is setting up Kode Studio something that regularly needs setting up before getting started with Armory? I ask because in every video or text (that I’ve seen) about setting up Armory, not once did I see anything about having to do any preliminary setup to get Kode Studio to work.

Thank you,
M

Usually Kode Studio works out of the box (or zip) I only had to do the other setup once.