How to change resolution and toggle fullscreen?

I can’t figure out how to do this with logic nodes. I see there is a ‘get window resolution’ node, but no ‘set resolution node’ and don’t see any nodes for toggling if the game is fullscreen or not. Trying to make an options menu for a game. I tried searching these forums, but couldn’t find anything.

1 Like

From my experience with Armory3D so far, it’s not exactly possible yet except for HTML builds of the game: Fullscreen or not fullscreen (html5)

However there does seem to be a way to program that into exported native builds using Visual Studio / platform specific applications: Armory most wanted? - #30 by sans-iccal

Best compromise I could find is exporting two versions - One that’s Fullscreen and the other that’s windowed. Course it’s not the best solution, but it works until that gets added into the source code. :+1:

1 Like

Might just be because I’m doing it wrong, but I don’t think Armory (specifically Kha?) supports dynamically editing of window properties.

Some quick tests I ran

kha.WindowMode.Fullscreen = 0;

Cannot access field or identifier Fullscreen for writing

kha.Display.all[0].width = 800;

Cannot access field or identifier width for writing

kha.Display.all[0].height = 600;

Cannot access field or identifier height for writing

1 Like

To change the window display mode, you can run the following code (use the API of the Kha library):

package arm;

import kha.input.KeyCode;
import iron.system.Input;
import kha.Window;

class MyTrait extends iron.Trait {
    public function new() {
        super();  

notifyOnUpdate(function() {
            if (Input.getKeyboard().started(Keyboard.keyCode(KeyCode.F))) {
                if (Window.get(0).mode == Windowed) {
                    Window.get(0).mode = ExclusiveFullscreen;
                } else {
                    Window.get(0).mode = Windowed;
                }
            }          
        });
    }
}

But it doesn’t work when running from Krom. But it works in the browser and I think it will work if you make a native build (C). I checked the native build when working with Kha.

2 Likes