How to Update ArmorPaint?

Hello, I downloaded ArmorPaint some time ago, and now would like to update the program (Current version: v0.8 (2020-10-24) - 784de44). When I go into the program and select Check For Updates, it says “Update is available! Please visit armorpaint.org to download.”

But when I go to the Download section of armorpaint.org, the only way to download is to pay for the program again. But next to that section, it says “All updates are included for free.”

I have searched the forums and could not find the information I’m looking for. What is the appropriate procedure to update the program?

Updating

Latest builds can be downloaded through your Gumroad Library. Alternatively, use the original email sent by Gumroad to access the download page.

In ArmorPaint, press Help - Check for Updates... to check if newer build is available.

It is the “Check for Updates” dialog that told me that updates were available from armorpaint.org. It seems like the text of the dialog is incorrect. Should I file a bug about it?

In this case i think is better to open an issue here or contact Lubos directly.

Did you ever work out how to do this? Just started looking into ArmorPaint and am wondering how to do this myself.

Perhaps looking through the docs will help.

Updating

Latest builds can be downloaded through your Gumroad Library. Alternatively, use the original email sent by Gumroad to access the download page.

In ArmorPaint, press Help - Check for Updates… to check if newer build is available.

https://armorpaint.org/manual/#/?id=updating

1 Like

So what happens if you downloaded and installed via GitHub?

Those are the raw source files for ArmorPaint. It contains no compiled binaries, meaning no Windows executable, Linux elf or Mac app to run the application.

Compiled binaries that are always up-to-date are available for download, but it’ll cost you a small, one-time fee. Once the fee is paid ,as mentioned you can receive free updates.