I cant find the Play button

Hey guys, I just purchased Armory and I am trying to follow the manual

here it says

http://armory3d.org/manual/getting_started/setup.html

To verify everything is working correctly, save your .blend file and hit Play in viewport button, located in the 3D view header.

Problem is that I cannot locate such button

also I cannot find the Armory PBR group node either .

Am I doing something wrong ?

Also if change the window to Armory Viewport it freezes the window and does not update its draw functionality

I am on a Late 2013 27’’ iMac using MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 with 8 GB Ram 3,2 GHz i5 Quad Core and a NVIDIA GT 755M 1GB , but I am not using the GPU render because blender does not like my GPU , it complains that I have CUDA 6 while I have installed CUDA 8 to its latest updated version.

Hello,

i have realised a video with basic setup that should explain where locate the button.

http://auctormedia.com

if you want you can skip the introduction and watch directly the setup in the second half of the video.

1 Like

Hm, sounds like it is having troubles getting to Armory Python scripts and starting up. Booting to Sierra machine now to check it out.

Edit: Seems to work here, is this with Armory add-on enabled in preferences? On the negative note, there are more and more efforts to block non-appstore software on MacOS:/

Nope

I am definetly seeing diffirent things here, there is no Play button , sorry Adrea but I cannot locate that button

Armory is enabled

However it gives me a lot of errors

Read new prefs: /Users/kilon/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/config/userpref.blend
found bundled python: /Users/kilon/Downloads/Armory/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Resources/2.78/python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/kilon/Downloads/Armory/blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.78/scripts/addons/armory.py", line 204, in execute
    import start
ImportError: No module named 'start'

location: /Users/kilon/Downloads/Armory/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Resources/2.78/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py:187

location: /Users/kilon/Downloads/Armory/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Resources/2.78/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py:187
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/kilon/Downloads/Armory/blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.78/scripts/addons/armory.py", line 204, in execute
    import start

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/kilon/Downloads/Armory/blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.78/scripts/addons/armory.py", line 107, in on_scene_update_post
    bpy.ops.arm_addon.start('EXEC_DEFAULT')
  File "/Users/kilon/Downloads/Armory/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Resources/2.78/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py", line 187, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), C_dict, kw, C_exec, C_undo)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
    import start

trying to save userpref at /Users/kilon/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78

If I try to change the path to where start.py is located it does indeed add the Play button in the viewport but it throws other errors that it cannot find the shaders, so it appears to be something wrong with how armory detects the paths.

I do not think Apple is to be blamed here because I develop quite a lot with my iMac and I never had path issues.

I’m using OS X® 10.11.6 without path problems.
I will try to test OS X® 10.12.x

Maybe try to setup a new user e run Armory as new user.

Hello,

i just tested Armory with OS X® 10.12.1 and it works in my system.

But in my case i had to enable the Armory Add-on manually.
The Armory Add-on is correctly installed but in OS X® 10.12.1 it is disabled by default.
Just go to “User Preferences” -> Add-ons , then search for “Render:Armory” Add-on, enable it and save user settings.

If you install Armory as simple Add-On remember to set also the right SDK Path in Armory Add-on Preferences and save user settings.

PS: In OS X® 10.12 double click to open Blender App does not work, so you have to open it with right-click/Open or use the terminal.

No those are pretty standard I am experienced Blender python developer

so…

I managed to isolate the problem

the problem appears when you run blender from the terminal via cd inside the folders

for example

cd Armory/blender.app/Contents/MacOS
./blender

will recreate the problem

however if you instead open blender like this

cd Armory
open blender.app

it will not

no idea why it happens but at least I got now Armory to work

maybe its Apple afterall that does not like starting applications from inside their the app folders, I assume because amrory folder is outside the MacOS folder , so maybe it gives permission only to the subfolders of this folder

However it still has no issue saving files to the User/Library/Apllication Support/Blender , maybe because is shared folder

In any case this is very weird because I always run application from the terminal like this with multiple folder but never had such a problem

kilon:

I can reproduce using the

cd Armory/blender.app/Contents/MacOS
./blender

route, which is great - looking for a fix!

(If I navigate to the Armory/blender.app/Contents/MacOS folder and open blender using finder, then it works.)