Krom doesn't work with Vulkan export (Linux)

Exporting a project and running it works as expected with the Graphics API set to OpenGL.
If the Graphics API is set to Vulkan the project will compile and run, but only show a black window.
How to fix that?

Hi and welcome :slight_smile:

Armory only comes with Krom binaries for a default set of graphics APIs. On Windows this is DirectX11, on Linux and MacOS I think it’s OpenGL (so I’m assuming you are on one of these platforms). You probably need to compile Armorcore (Armory’s own version of Krom) for Vulkan and copy the built executable to <yourArmorySDK>/Krom. I’m not sure though why a window opens, usually you should get an error message about a missing executable…

Why isn’t this mentioned anywhere? Like in the Github Armory-wiki

And why isn’t it included if there is the option to choose it?

My host system and export target is Linux.

1 Like

Why isn’t this mentioned anywhere? Like in the Github Armory-wiki

Yeah, I agree it should be mentioned somewhere…

And why isn’t it included if there is the option to choose it?

I think it’s too keep the SDK size smaller, but you will need to ask Lubos (Armory’s main developer) about this. Most people probably just go with whatever default graphics API there is.

1 Like

Huh. But, it’s already a lot larger than Blender is, uncompressed. I think, given how fairly massive it is, it’s most important to keep the project export size down, which shouldn’t(?) be affected by including more libraries and such in the base SDK to provide more options for project/game developers.

1 Like