Logic nodes pack issue

Hi, i have a big broblem with the logic nodes pack, when i try open a node with the “Libraries” folder in the same directory of the blend file, blender immediatly crashes.
If i open a new blend file, save it without touching anything, an than put the libraries folder in the same directory, close the blend file, open it again and try to add one of the new nodes, the node is added but when i try to run the game it doesn’t work and give an error. I really don’t know what to do, i also tried different blender versions and doesn’t work. Hope someone can help me :’)

Hi,

the crashes are a known issue that is hopefully fixed soon. The Blender developers were able to find the reason for the crashes but it may need some time until the issue is finally fixed. You can follow the progress on this here: #81419 - Blender sometimes crashes when loading a file with unregistered nodes - blender - Blender Projects

the node is added but when i try to run the game it doesn’t work and give an error.

What error exactly? Is there an error message in the Blender console? If yes, can you please paste it here so that I can have a look at it?

yes, this is the message

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Asus-ROG\Desktop\Armory\armsdk/armory\blender\arm\props_ui.py”, line 1054, in invoke
return self.execute(context)
File “C:\Users\Asus-ROG\Desktop\Armory\armsdk/armory\blender\arm\props_ui.py”, line 1075, in execute
make.play()
File “C:\Users\Asus-ROG\Desktop\Armory\armsdk/armory\blender\arm\make.py”, line 509, in play
build(target=runtime_to_target(), is_play=True)
File “C:\Users\Asus-ROG\Desktop\Armory\armsdk/armory\blender\arm\make.py”, line 429, in build
export_data(fp, sdk_path)
File “C:\Users\Asus-ROG\Desktop\Armory\armsdk/armory\blender\arm\make.py”, line 142, in export_data
make_logic.build()
File “C:\Users\Asus-ROG\Desktop\Armory\armsdk/armory\blender\arm\make_logic.py”, line 47, in build
build_node_tree(tree)
File “C:\Users\Asus-ROG\Desktop\Armory\armsdk/armory\blender\arm\make_logic.py”, line 103, in build_node_tree
build_node(node, f)
File “C:\Users\Asus-ROG\Desktop\Armory\armsdk/armory\blender\arm\make_logic.py”, line 267, in build_node
from_type = inp.arm_socket_type
AttributeError: ‘NodeSocketFloat’ object has no attribute ‘arm_socket_type’

i was wandering: why only someone have those issues?
is there a specific blender/armory version on which the addon works fine?

this is the message on a new file after i added a node of the pack and tried to run the game, this happen simply adding a node in the node editor even if node is not connected to to any other and is not “triggered”, or even if the trait is not active on any object; but if i don’t add any of the new nodes and run the game, i have a black screen. If i try open a node in a file i’ve worked for a while, after adding the libraries folder in the same directory of the blend file, blender simply crashes whatever node i add, also “standard” nodes.

Thanks for the report, this should be fixed when https://github.com/armory3d/armory/pull/2480 gets merged.

The logic node package should be updated as well eventually to make use of Armory’s own socket types and automatically update nodes to use them, but for now it should work this way and other node community made custom nodes may also be fixed with that :slight_smile: