Is there a way to use multiple meshes/vertex-groups per armature?
I am attempting to use a Qubicle voxel model with its body parts broken up into compounds, I’ve tried three approaches so far:
- Import compound (voxel model composed of voxel matrices) as a .OBJ/.FBX
- Create an armature, and parent with automatic weights
- Result: Some runtime error about being unable to find meshes (maybe because the meshes are vertex groups in this approach, and not separate objects?)
Contraints (Lock Location):
- No errors, but I’m guessing constraints aren’t handled by Armory yet, as the body did not animate at all
Single mesh per Blender object (pic of this method below)
- This is actually the closest to the effect I desire, as it does not deform the individual body parts, however it does not seem like Armatures actually translate individual meshes at all, instead I’m guessing the rotations are baked?
Either way, I’ve been overall unsuccessful. but it seems like a solution wouldn’t be far out of hand.
Result I’m getting: