Origin of skinned character

Hi,I tried to replace the mesh of character in third person template from SDK with my own character mesh,after rigging with Armature in template and weight painting it works fine in blender view port, but origins of Armature changed after I hit play button,the character offsets to the position below the ground,the origins of template Armature are different in Reset Position and Pose Position ,why?
What’s the correct work flow to fix that ?
I tried applying Scale and Rotation,even Position,the work flow works fine with my scratch built characters but does not work for template character,are there something I missed?

I tried applying Scale and Rotation,even Position

What did you apply those to? the rig? or the character?

Also mixamo rig are quite finicky with the scale/rotation/position, you might want to upload your character into the mixamo page, set up a rig automatically and apply the animations there and import them back directly.

When exporting from blender to mixamo use .FBX and Apply scalingFBX Units Scale to prevent an issue with scales when running your animation in Amory. That worked for me last time I checked.

But if you still want to test that “parent to the current rig” thing, maybe what you can do is merge your character with the original character, and then delete the mesh of the original character. That way you don’t have to deal with making the transform fit the rig since you are still using the “original” character “husk”.

1 Like

Thanks, M_Ent8h
I apply those both to rig and character for each testing,I managed to make my own “husk” transformed correctly with rig in template while in Blender view port,the most odd thing is that origin offsets without clues that I can’t simply correct them with adjusting origin manually or through the menu functions.
I guess working with Mixamo still is the final solution since the animation and rig is generated from there.
Thanks again!

I can’t simply correct them with adjusting origin manually or through the menu functions

Maybe that was caused when you applied the location, that’s why my original question was for:

What did you apply those to? the rig? or the character?

To my knowledge you shouldn’t need to apply anything to the rig, otherwise it will start acting up.

1 Like