I finished (more or less) a little use case that I did over the past few weeks. My goals were to try Armory and find out
- if parts of it can already be used for production work
- how well the HTML5 export works
- if I can define a complex animation in terms of logic, that is evaluated in run time (for interactive visualizations)
This is the result so far (there are 4 lamps in the scene, so it’s relatively heavy):
Navigate the scene with left and right mouse button.
At the moment the ‘production’ only works once, after that there is some issue.
For me, the answers are:
- Kind of… I guess it would be OK for very simple projects. For complex ones, it seems there are a lot of bugs and some half-baked implementations.
- The HTML5 support is among the best I’ve ever seen. I’m honestly stunned about the performance and reliability.
- Yes. And that is a huge deal in my oppinion.
All in all I am pretty damn excited about Armory !
Here is the .blend - file: