Settings Render: Armory – Clear on build

There is a Save on build option (in the Show Advanced section of the Render: Armory engine settings) to auto-save when Play starts. Likewise, I want to add a Clear on build option, I believe it will be useful because, for example, without clearing, changes to the UI are not applied.

I did. But the question is whether it is necessary to disable/hide the Clear button when the option is enabled or leave it so that the user can just do the cleaning without building?

clear_on_build

Hi, good idea, but this functionality is already implemented if I understand you correctly: there is an option Render Properties > Armory Project > Flags > Cache Build. It’s activated by default which might not be optimal, also it’s a bit hidden.

1 Like

I understand correctly: to always execute Clear project when you click on the Play button, do you need to turn off the Cache Build option?

P.S. But I did a little more work in the engine, which is also useful :slight_smile:

Yes. And no^^ There is one small difference: disabling the Cache Build option will just rebuild/re-export everything (overriding the contents in the build folder) whilst the Clean button will delete the entire build folder.

1 Like

Well thank you. So the proposed option “Clear on Build” is not needed :slight_smile: