since some time I am tinkering on a third person game. I would like to share some of the progress I made in the past time. In the beginning I was absolutely new to any kind of programming and then I looked into Armory3d.The starting phase was hard as everything was new. And also the following time still was hard as I had to transfer Unity or Godot Tutorials into Logic Nodes.
Please have a look:
Everthing is done wih Logic Nodes.
The rigidbody controller is base on the FPS contoller by @Armory Blender I found on YT.
But over the time I added some features. For example:
- I got a root motion controller for the character, which works in XYZ directions
- The character is able to walk up and down slopes without jittering
- I translated and added an Inventory System from @Jayanam to LN
- The doors are a completely linked collections predefined in another blend file with the possibility to lock the door and asign a key to it
- the fires are also linked (therefore the tile sheet is not working ) but it decreases the characters health when walking through it and also flickers
- the wall running and ladder work pretty much the same way and make use of the root motion controller
- I also made the character crouch (that was pretty troublesome, as I couldn´t push him down, but had to remove and add the rigidbody in between ) not happy with that
- The character has a Stamina system
- behind everything is an FSM with (onEnter, onUpdate and onExit function) also not so happy about it, as even with the little actions there are, there are already a lot of states attached the the character. And also most of the variables have to be made public which causes a PIA to find the trait causing an error.
- I got a splash menu for the game. Which I can control with a gamepad, as all of the game. Right now it´s not capable of much but it can continue and quit the game and also shows the active menu button. (As said by gamepad input, no hover, or click function)
- The last thing I added was the wall running(thanks to @Dave/Game Development´s tutorial) and jumping (these alone caused 4new States to the FSM) but they work good. Improvements are coming.
I hope you enjoy looking at it and also believe in the potential of Armory3D
The Character I got from Kenney.nl and the animations from mixamo (had to tweek them a little to work with the RM controller)