Texture Coordinate

Question in the gitHub in Supported Nodes it says that Texture Coordinate All outputs supported except for Camera , Reflection
does object option works

Hi, it seems the Object output is supported.

Sources: https://github.com/armory3d/armory/blob/12e6f6bd9a170f95b942f15f3e9467206298f131/blender/arm/material/cycles_nodes/nodes_input.py#L285

However the Object input only considers the object to which this material is applied

1 Like

so if i wanted to control a texture coordinates on let’s say plane with cube for example, then i need to set that entire material on the cube also so that both of these meshes are under the same material

do i have that right ?

Hmm, I did not quite understand what you wanted to do to the texture coordinate of the plane. Do you want to modify the plane’s texture coordinate based on Cube’s location? Or for some reason, you need the texture coordinate of both the objects?

Can you please elaborate a bit.

Ok (sorry for that english is not my first language)
1.make simple plane
2.a add material with (texture coordinates,Mapping,gradient texture,emision shader)
3.i set the texture coordinates on OBJECT IMPUT and set the cube as OBJECT
4.i now want to modify the plane’s gradient texture coordinate based on Cube’s location and i want it to be shown in armory player

I made a small example to show this:
GradientTextureContol.blend (900.8 KB)

Run the file and use WSAD keys to move the cube. The gradient texture on the plane will now change based on cube’s location.

Note: Material Parameter is what I use to send the cube’s location to the plane’s material

2 Likes

Would this work if i used something like this ?

1.in shader make 3 value nodes
2.use the combine XYZ node on mapping node location
3.connect each value node to X Y Z respectivly
4.use Set Material Value Param instead

also i have diffrent problem every time i start armory player this shows many time

WARN (wm.keymap): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v293\blender.git\source\blender\windowmanager\intern\wm_keymap.c:464 WM_keymap_poll: empty keymap ‘Region Context Menu’

Yes. This should also work

Hmm, I am not sure about this one though. I do not get this warning message. But I think it has something to do with blender and armory’s key maps conflicting or that armory is polling in a wrong region. Could also be due to other addons that may be in conflict with armory.

Could you please describe when exactly this happens? Immediately after Blender starts, Only when armory play button is pressed or perhaps when you press some key on your keyboard.