Wacom Bamboo Pen (CTL-470) no pressure sensitivity

Hi, just bought a copy of AmorPaint for testing and to support your great work.

Issue: my Wacom does not apply any pressure sensitivity. It works like a mouse. There seems an issue with the tablet driver in conjunction with the gnome control panel and eg GIM 2.10 @ ubuntu (I’m using 18.04) but when using e.g. Krita 4.0.1 the tablet works perfectly as expected.

hope you can point out how to fix this.

thx in advance
Carsten

Hello Carsten,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I will have to address this in the internals of ArmorPaint. Opened a new ticket at https://github.com/armory3d/armorpaint/issues/16, will get it sorted for next build. Sorry for trouble!

1 Like

Continuing old thread. I jumped into Armory bandwagon and gave a try to AP. However, I face the same problem while using my trusty Intuos (PTZ-631W) under Windows. Haven’t tested neither linux nor mac. No pen pressure at all and I can’t find a setting that would effect it (apart from un-ticking “pen pressure” checkbox under preferences).

I tested also fresh 06dev and it’s just the same. Other apps including Blender works just fine though.

Hey @PPi,

Which Windows version do you run? I tested on Windows 10 + Intuos S (CTL-4100K) which appears to work, please let me know if I should look into a different Windows release or need to get ahold of more tablets to fix it. :slight_smile:

Sorry, it was my intention to include that info too! I’m running it in Windows 7 (Pro). I suppose I could test it today with either MacOS or Linux to see if it makes any difference. The only Win10 machine I have I try to keep as clean as possible, so I wouldn’t want to plug Wacom there to avoid driver installs and alike.

Hello! This is really cool project so I decided to support it. ArmorPaint0.6 works pretty smooth out of the box. However there’s no pressure support on my Wacom Cintiq22HD. I run windows 10 Pro. By the way it would be good to have multiple dynamics options for the pressure and stroke speed. But most important of them all are size(already implemented) and opacity.

Thanks!
Albert

1 Like

Hello @karab44, great to hear from you! I have opened a new issue on the tracker, will make sure to enhance the pen support and work on the compatibility issues in upcoming builds. :rocket:

2 Likes

Hello I have similar pressure issues.

Im using Wacom Intuos 3 PtZ1231W driver version 6.3.15-3 on Windows 10.0.17134 (pro) . With Windows Ink disabled and Wintab enabled in registry.

Kind Regards.