What is the scene root ? [Visual Image included]

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

so you would remove the active scene and then spawn the new scene. Since you could have say just a character in a scene you would spawn a scene containing just a character or a boss or anything else you might want to add to a game.

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

by spawning the scene with a character in it you get all the children and anything else (say a focus light on the character or whatever) that is in the scene. with spawn object you only get the object, no children.

Again. just because you don’t see the use off the top of your head doesn’t make it useless. I could have a large scene that I want to remove all of the objects and launch a new area say when you go though a door. so you remove the one scene and spawn a new one. Basically, changing levels in other game engines.

I have not looked into the scene root. Have you opened and read the code for the node? Have you tried testing as suggested by others? If so what did you find?

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

I answers what I know about the scene root. What did you find when you tested it or read the code?

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

Blue dots are normally objects.

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

To my understanding this is an empty object the whole scene is parented to.

scene%20root

Is what the code says, I don’t know what that means but perhaps you can read it.

Look Armory is in very early beta, not everything is going to work. Not everything will be documented. That is what beta means. If you want a game engine that doesn’t have issues, this is not the one for you. Your comments of stuff being stupid and the swear words don’t help or advance the engine. We are answering what we know as best we can and it still isn’t good enough. What would you like us to do?

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

We didn’t shit on you efforts, we shit on you saying things were pointless and using the language you are using in it. All we asked is that you write it like the documentation that is already there and add to it. Find my one example of documentation of software anywhere that has curse words and things like “This node is pointless” in it.

That is not being elitist in anyway,. There is no way that those types of things can be in the documentation for a piece of software. I suppose we did ask that you did some digging on your own but that is what most of us did in order to figure out the answers that you requested. I am not sure at all how telling beginners that a node or something else is pointless (especially since we showed you that it wasn’t) or putting curse words in what you were doing is helping them. You didn’t (to the best of my knowledge) add one thing to the official documentation. We showed you where and how to do it.

So again were we just suppose to sit by and not point those things out?

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

in the armskk/armory/Sources/armory/logicnode is all the code for every node that is officially part of armory.

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

Also there is this button that brings you to the nodes code in the Github-repo (no account needed to view)

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

Do i dare mention that it is all the elitists that are answering all the questions?

1 Like