Wind in Armory?

Anybody know if it’s possible to create wind? If so, how would you do it? I saw a youtube video of a guy using a displace modifier and animating a empty to create wind. I haven’t tested in Armory to see if that method would work or not.

Can you please specify? If you want wind as a visual effect, then do it as you would in typical cycles. If you want the wind to affect the character, do the method listed above but also use logic to make the character constantly go in one direction.

Hi, he may be think about a wind shader node like UE4 and other engine to affect models with weighted vertex paint … I hope there will something like that ! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I think that’s what I’m talking about. I’m trying to figure out how you would add some wind to like foliage(grass, leaves, ferns, etc). I know in Unreal 4 you have the wind shader node that you add to you material.

a force field and a hair system work if armory supported hair, but that is sadly not the case.

Well, you could probably have animations playing on the foliage, with animation blending driven by some global variables like wind speed and direction. It would probably suck for performance though if you have a lot of trees.