Disappointment in Armory development direction

I agree. And totally support closing down as I stared it. btw muted this. Bye bye!!!

1 Like

I presume that you mean that I can also drop the mic “if I want to”, of course, instead of as an order :slight_smile:
I hope you notice that the way people say things is important. That’s why maybe there was no reason to get offended for getting “Try your luck in Kha/Kore” as an answer, probably @lubos intentions behind that sentence were not what you understood.

P.S:. I was not writing a book just wanted to keep your attention since apparently you have been checking if I was replying for the last 10 minutes hehehe, I’m bored right now. No reason to get stressed about people replying :wink: we are all friendly here

The most important thing of all when contributing to an open-source project (even if your contribution is a bug report) is to not let it become personal. We are all human beings, very creative people, and so it is very, very easy to become emotionally invested in what ought to be – a bug report. And, given that there’s a “bully pulpit” conveniently nearby, it’s very easy to “blast away.” But, that’s not going to do anything productive for Armory. Nor, for you.

As others have already suggested, a good thing to do is to turn your efforts (and, bleed off your frustrations) by working to identify and isolate the nature of the problem as specifically as you can – thus participating in the effort to find the source of the problem. (And, given that you do have “the source,” maybe you can dive into that source-code to actually find “the source(!)” of the problem, learning a lot about the product as you do so.

(I myself have spent weeks studying the source-code repos at Github.) :confused:

“Dissapointed in the development direction?” Well, this is still very much a “Beta” product, but some of the most memorable contributions to the Linux project (and, some of the most famous technical disagreements with Linus) came from people who were “disappointed in the direction” and dusted off their coding-skills and did something about it, creating a so-called “pull request.” The only drawback … :wink: … is that, soon enough, some flame-war will pop up on a forum somewhere about your(!) work! But that’s how open source (I prefer the term, “cooperative”) software development works … and, succeeds as no other strategy for developing computer software has ever done.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t want to be rude, but i think people understanded things happened 11 days ago, no need to take this further, and let just draw line in sand.