Disappointment in Armory development direction

W00t, now I’m offended. Clearly absolutely everybody needs to learn Kha!

5 Likes

Optional would be if Lubos register the lock issue him self to Kore. I saying it again and again. Read above. Or asked me, please, can you do it. Otherwise is accepting the problem and hiding it from the field of view. Because I could simply chose to not do it. And most standard users will not do it.

Yes, also artists, why can barely write a navigation script. Sure sure.

@RobDangerous Better get some more popcorns, 43 replies and 23 views, sounds like drama bellls

Can I close this thread?

IDK, closing would not get us to anything for sure

No way, dude! :policeman:

2 Likes

I flaged this topic as Spam

I didn’t even know u are in forums. Silent killer.

I go to sleep and just ignore u all. Arivederchi! (CLOSED - because this all is Kha problem). P.S. got an achievement “Earned ‘First Flag’”, cool!

You can always write a comment like “this is related to (git link)” and keep issue open. This will add nice relation indicator, that will be striped when the issue is closed on the other repo. Also add label like “third party issue” to filter out. So all the tech needed is there to keep track.

Also. I think the purpose of an game engine is to make games. That requires an real test case, what is an Game. Or a bit of it. And that is our project mission. To try make a game, and when we step on shortcomings or problems we report. But we are beeing pushed to side and instead the next steps for engine are chosen by I don’t know by what logic. Some dumb voting orsmth. This way also v1.0 will not be able to produce full blowed games, but only shiny examples. :frowning:

Apparently the best way to stay away from the anger is to stop using the “dumb” but free-of-charge product that is supported by “dumb” people.

While I believed the original issue is perfectly legit, now I feel that closing the issues are good actions. Because it generated some solid popcorn sales.

1 Like

Never called anybody dumb, but the used processes. Again your comments are pointless.

1 Like

I only want to keep this thread alive because it is so much fun. All my future posts will serve this purpose. They are not pointless.

1.- I agree that closing existing issues without even looking at them is a bad idea. Even for issues with not much information. It’s always better to ask for more details and leave them there for documentation purposes and to tackle them when appropriate. That said I haven’t seen that particular bug report. If it was something like “Mouse lock does not work in Linux, fucking fix it!” then fuck it! lol. Hope it’s not the case. You have all the right in the world though to be disappointing about your particular case not being covered, although ranting about it in a public forum is not always the best choice.

2.- The maintainer does not “have” to forward any issues on dependencies him/herself (in any open source project that I have seen so far). Although can (and I’d say should) point the person who raised the issue on the direction where s/he should raise the issue.

3.- (related to 2) We don’t have the right to demand absolutely anything to open source project maintainers. Donations are donations, not a guaranteed salary, and they might come as they go, they are granted by people who are happy with what they get for free to the people who provided it. Nobody is forced to contribute to an open source project, although in that case I agree with @trsh in that I also reckon that it’s in the best interest of the project to have more people contributing to Armory. Otherwise Armory will never scale properly and gain more visibility as it’s the case for Godot. Which is sad because Armory beats Godot’s ass 3D-wise, and in terms of workflow, any day of the week. I presume @lubos has his reasons to not allow this to happen yet, and we need to respect that.

4.- Linux is a really complicated operating system in terms of maintenance. First because as @Naxela mentioned there is a massive amount of Linux flavors that handle things differently, and tackling all of them requires a massive amount of effort, and even so, you’ll probably never cover the next new flavor that just appeared… I reckon that in that sense the Linux community is shooting itself in its own foot by creating so many millions of different distros. Second, Linux has such a dismal reach in terms of users compared to Windows and MacOS (not web servers, final users, I reckon that Linux market share is around 2% but feel free to google it), hence it requires MUCH more work to cover way LESS users than any other OS (which is just insane in terms of justifying supporting all Linux flavors), and finally Linux users are not known for being keen to spend any money on pretty much anything related to computing software, that’s why the gaming market is so small in Linux (hopefully one day this will change). All things together it should not be surprising to understand that Linux might be at the very bottom of any project’s priorities, even if still supported, specially if you have very little amount of people working on the project.

That said, and since you mentioned the donations bit, nothing stops you from starting your own patreon and getting donations for fixing Linux issues, if that’s your only motivation. That way you will also figure out how much attention Linux gets in terms of final users. Chances are you might raise millions and force absolutely every other FOSS project to invest much more in Linux from now on. I wouldn’t put my money on that though.

P.S.- I own shares on pop-corn companies which presented a spike a few days ago, now stakeholders are worried about what happened, and why it’s not reproducing again. So please guys keep it up

P.S.2: I was not going to hit the reply button. But I have invested so much fucking time on this post that now it would just be a waste not to send it over :slight_smile: Enjoy

Your a bit to late :smiley: . This post is grown old

I just wanted to be part of the fun :slight_smile:

A bit

In our case maintainer is same as main (almost only) dev, and the one who gets all donations. Sure hasn’t to forward issues, and can do whatever he wants, but that ain’t good for him self. Issue can get lost in this manner, and not everybody will report like me. Mostly it will be like “This thing doesn’t work, I switch to other engine”. And so backers and popularity goes down the road.

Linux is a really complicated operating system in terms of maintenance

I think Linux users are aware that they won’t run games on every fucking Linux distribution, that’s not a problem. If it works on Ubuntu its almost fine. Anyways Linux is great for game development as it is FREE. Great for small team startups, etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway we have been around this for some time, also in Discord. As for me, the dust is cleared, so you can also drop the mic.

Stop writing a book… there is no one right way looking at those things. U will prove nothing :). Go code a game!

@Monte_Drebenstedt Please close this one down as fast as you can, because drama days are over and people need to get over this. I really did enjoy popcorns but it time to say bye.

1 Like