HDR Lightmaps [Addon]

This is an amazing addon, you could sell it on Blendermarket, I would gladly pay. A life saver since Blender decided not to bother with de-noising for cycles bake, while simultaneously removing any way of baking that isn’t cycles.

Has anyone got the de-noising working? I get an error complaining that ‘objectName_denoised.pfm’ is missing from the Lightmaps folder.

EDIT: I had a peek at the code and changing:

oidnPath = os.path.join(bpy.path.abspath(scene.hdrlm_oidn_path),"denoise.exe")

to

oidnPath = os.path.join(bpy.path.abspath(scene.hdrlm_oidn_path))

in _init_.py (line ~1671 I think) sorted it.

I printed out the path before the change and it ended in bin\denoise.exe\denoise.exe, so I assume the denoiser wasn’t running and it couldn’t find the file.

Honestly for a non Unity/Unreal user this is such a big deal. I’ve been googling for a while to find light baking software. Cycles was just a mess no matter how long I left it and it was a cumbersome workflow. I’m using Godot which I love but the baking in isn’t in a usable state yet. This is literally as easy to use as it gets. Thanks

1 Like

Hi, good to hear!

As for Blendermarket I’m mainly developing it for my own use in architecture, but I realized that others might have benefit of it as well, so I made it publically open-source and free.

As for the denoiser, for now you’re only supposed to point to the directory of the binary file, but I realize the description “OIDN Path” is somewhat ambigious - I’ll provide some proper check for the path soon, but good to hear you sorted it - additionally, turning on verbose provides more detailed denoise information.

In the case of Godot, I haven’t tried it out much - I’m not sure how well it handles HDR textures, which is why I made RGBM and LogLUV encoding possible as an option too, that way you get HDR encoded textures in PNG files instead and making a decoding shader should be straight forward. I’d be happy to help in this regard.

1 Like

Oh that makes sense, should have spotted that when I saw the two .exe’s in the path. Once I had selected the exe blender doesn’t let me select the folder anymore.

I post this here because this happened after baking lightmaps.
When baking had finished and I wanted to run the project, this happened:

Uniform PPComp11 not found.
Uniform PPComp12 not found.
GL Error 1282 /Users/lubos/Downloads/armorcore/Kinc/Backends/Graphics4/OpenGL/Sources/Kore/RenderTargetImpl.c 174

GLSL linker error: WARNING: Output of vertex shader 'texCoord' not read by fragment shader
ERROR: Implementation limit of 16 active fragment shader samplers (e.g., maximum number of supported image units) exceeded, fragment shader uses 25 samplers

GL Error 1282 /Users/lubos/Downloads/armorcore/Kinc/Backends/Graphics4/OpenGL/Sources/Kore/PipelineStateImpl.c 392

Uniform N not found.
GL Error 1282 /Users/lubos/Downloads/armorcore/Kinc/Backends/Graphics4/OpenGL/Sources/Kore/PipelineStateImpl.c 392

Uniform WVP not found.

Uniform texUnpack not found.
GL Error 1282 /Users/lubos/Downloads/armorcore/Kinc/Backends/Graphics4/OpenGL/Sources/Kore/PipelineStateImpl.c 410

Also after deleting/cleaning the lightmaps and releasing the pbjects, the error persists…
Can’t run the project anymore…

By the way, the first lines in the error seem to be only a warning. I get those lines I get all the time in any project… Not sure what s up with that… —>

Uniform PPComp11 not found.
Uniform PPComp12 not found.

EDIT: Lol, and once again, solved this already:
In the material editor there were tons and tons of leftover nodes that were created by the Lighmapper. I deleted them and now I can run it again. Sorry 'bout that.

Still not sure why the lightmapping didn’t work though. Will do some more testing tomorrow.

Hi,

I think the error comes when you have a material with more than 16 textures (2D samplers). Lightmapping should only give you one or two additional textures per material though. - As for the leftover nodes, they should usually be deleted automatically, although there are cases where they may persist if the material has been changed after baking.

If you turn on verbose console output, you should be able to see which material was the culprit.

As for the PPComp uniforms, they’re just warnings unrelated to the issue (it’s color grading related), I’ll look into those someday.

2 Likes