One way to duplicate images (export to html)

Hi!

Is it possible to somehow organize that for multiple scenes duplicate files (for example textures) are taken from a folder that is not related to the folder with the project?

Now:

|
Project_1 /
img.jpg
|
Project_2 /
img.jpg

Need:

|
Textures /
img.jpg
|
Project_1 /
|
Project_2 /

I don’t know if i understand you right… this seems to be related to Blender and not to Armory. Blender uses relative path, then you can create a folder where the blend file is in this way:

Textures folder
Game1.blend
Game2.blend

The problem is: if you build some of this blends they will share the same “Sources” folder. Maybe you can change where the textures are allocated (to a static directory) in Blender configs: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/data_system/files/relative_paths.html

everything is clear with Blender. But Armory puts everything in one folder when exporting.
Even if it works, the difficulty is that the assembly is done on the computer, and the paths on the server will be different.

I plan to create 100+ scenes. And the textures will be repeated in them. I don’t want to upload them to the server every time and take up space

I will definitely try. Thanks!

I think this would be useful not only for web pages, but also when creating games with many levels that can use “the same” data

In this topic, the option of using a Linked Collection from another Blender file was considered, there is another example (in the repository). But what if you prepare such a blend file, which will contain materials with textures and link it to the desired projects? I think you can set any paths there, including relative ones.

2 Likes

A good idea. I’ll try. Thanks.

1 Like

Setting the root path of your project .blend files to //../ (one folder back) could also help in addition to what @E1e5en mentioned.

3 Likes

It doesn’t seem to work like a blender. Did not work out (

Found link_proxy, server_stream. No collection_link found.

What I found - manipulates with obj and diffuse materials (no textures). It hardly fits.