Sponza test scene for armory 3d?

Dude! :smiley:

What’s the error?

The 27fps is your version with VXGI turned on? Ok that is worrying. Here the error:

Armory v0.3.0 ($Id: 779f2b146b510055bb5510bcd4638bc9d3f20757 $)
Exporting Scene
Armory Warning: No camera found in active scene
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\props_ui.py”, line 546, in execute
make.play_project(False)
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make.py”, line 447, in play_project
build_project(is_play=True, is_render=is_render, is_render_anim=is_render_anim, in_viewport=in_viewport)
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make.py”, line 355, in build_project
export_data(fp, sdk_path, is_play=is_play, is_publish=is_publish, in_viewport=in_viewport)
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\make.py”, line 117, in export_data
exporter.execute(bpy.context, asset_path, scene=scene, write_capture_info=state.is_render_anim, play_area=state.play_area)
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\exporter.py”, line 2089, in execute
self.export_materials()
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\exporter.py”, line 1797, in export_materials
sd, rpasses = make_material.parse(material, o, mat_users, mat_armusers)
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\material\make.py”, line 48, in parse
rpasses, shader_data, shader_data_name, bind_constants, bind_textures = make_shader.build(material, mat_users, mat_armusers)
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\material\make_shader.py”, line 74, in build
con = make_mesh.make(rp)
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\material\make_mesh.py”, line 44, in make
make_forward(con_mesh)
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\material\make_mesh.py”, line 515, in make_forward
make_forward_base(con_mesh)
File “C:/Users/SK/Desktop/Armory/Armory/armsdk//armory/blender\arm\material\make_mesh.py”, line 548, in make_forward_base
frag.main_pre += “”"
AttributeError: ‘Shader’ object has no attribute ‘main_pre’

Strange. Please try to update SDK from settings and and restart Armory blender. Also take a PULL, I made small change, but that should not be the problem.

I can’t. VXGI is broken for me. I already reported an error Voxel GI makes window Not responding (v0.3) · Issue #564 · armory3d/armory · GitHub, and will have to add more info. But with Voxel AO it’s also very good FPS, and the screenshot is with Forward rendered, but cmoon, see the difference? :smiley:

Updated to your new version and new Armory and still same error :disappointed_relieved:
And yes I can clearly see a difference:

Damn. That’s bananas. Did you also try new version with Forward rendered? I meant the difference in FPS. Forward should run like it new example. Probably some Armory 3d lot’s of meshes Bug, that we need to catch :smiley:

I will report back when VXGI runs for me. But as Voxel AO is already showing progress, no doubt in that.

Don’t quite understand what you are trying to tell me to try, but I tried my version with Forward rendering and it gave me the same error! Reporting that. Also tried your version with Deferred rendering and get about 345fps.

SO:

1. New version is running better on Deferred (on both machines)
  2. We can NOT tell for VXGI (new version) as it is not running on neither of our machines.
  3. Voxel AO is running 4x faster on my machine.

Conclusions are not final. But something about the first version, is that armory doesn’t like to run on max performance.

I can run your version in Deferred+VXGI and get 60-85fps depending on what I am looking at. The thing that probably improves your version’s performance the most is that you joined the same meshes together. Already observed Armory struggles with higher object counts even if they are linked (alt-d’d).

Great! So I might later post both repos as examples, and ask lubos if something can be done about this :slight_smile: on Armory Side. P.S. CXGI stands for? Theoretically mesh batching should solve lot’s-of-meshes-problem.

Oups that was a typo it is VXGI

OK, that’s great. As it should be on your GPU :slight_smile:

Managed to get about 60fps with trsh version (forward+vxgi). Need to download latest armory git version…

Well done! The flowers have black outline , maybe due to dds ?

So Armory also suffers from too many meshes of objects ?

Nice catch about flowers. Will test with tga/png and if that’s the case, report an issue. About the lot’s of meshes. Looks like it - to much draw calls.

Hopefully @lubos can do something and tweak more performance in future. I really wish somebody can help him on Armory development.

It due Discard option, that allows the plants to show correctly. Just need to tweak settings. Will be fixed in next version I Push :wink:

https://github.com/armory3d/armory_calibration/tree/master/sponza

So probably in progress soon :slight_smile:

The last I also want is some perf. problems, then it’s just another Unity playground :smiley:

1 Like

Did a pull request to your version @trsh in which 2 graphics presets are available. Tuned your and mine a bit to get better fps, 370 and 90 respectively, your mesh optimization is so for even more use and 1 repository is easier to update.

Ok. Will look into tmrw. Anyway, I will also upload the first version somewhere, as it can be helpful for lubos to fight the-lot-of-meshes-problem.